Tuesday, April 29, 2008

ATHENS TWILIGHT & ATLANTA

I ventured back to my old home, Athens, this past weekend for the 2008 Athens Twilight. It was, as usual, an amazing weekend in Athens. Pretty much everybody I have met in the past two years in the cycling industry was in town so it was amazing to get to catch up with everybody at one time. My only complaint is that two of the girls I wanted to see the most were swamped with putting on Twilight so I didn't get to spend much time with them. All in all it was a great weekend and I am so thankful for everyone that was in town. I've been looking forward to this weekend for months now and it did not let me down. They only way it could have been better is if one of my friends had won the race instead of Rock Racing.

Computrainer finals on Friday night...John Murphy (closest) of course dominated everyone.

Right before the start of the men's race.

The video on the left is the start of the men's race and the video on the right is the finish.




On another note I went to Atlanta on Sunday to watch the finish of the Tour of Georgia bike race. These are photos of some of the damage to the buildings down by Centinnial Olympic Park form the tornado that hit a couple weeks ago....crazy

No comments: