Friday, May 16, 2008

RIDING, RIDING, RIDING

The past two weekends my friend Katie and I have gone on bike rides up in the National Parks. We figured now is the time to go before all the tourists get to town and because there is still so much snow in the mountains that hiking and mountain biking are still not options yet. The first weekend we went up to Grand Teton National Park and then last weekend we went to Yellowstone National Park.

Me at the turnoff to Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park.

View leaving Yellowstone National Park.

At the Continental Divide...we ended up crossing the divide 4 times on our ride to Old Faithful in Yellowstone. Elevation: a little over 8,300 feet
I guess they weren't kidding when they post signs that say beware of bison. This was taken about 20 feet from Old Faithful Inn which by the way is the coolest hotel/inn I have ever seen and I highly recommend going.
Ridiculously high snowbanks we passed as we were driving back home to Jackson......This was taken Sunday, May 11th...just in case you are wondering we have no more snow in town where I live and it has been in the 60's (supposed to be 75-80 this weekend). Yellowstone is 70 miles north of Jackson. If Jackson still had snowbanks like this in May I would have moved back home already.

No comments: