Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So Christi-An and I finally made it safely to Jackson and it's even more beautiful then I expected. I keep thinking that I am on vacation and that I have to go home soon....it seems unreal that I actually get to live in a place like this. On our second day in Jackson a new friend took us to the Snake River to give me my first fly fishing lesson. When he picked us up he told us that we needed to wear sandals because our feet would get wet so being as he was the "teacher" we listened and changed into Chacos....little did we know that it would be around 34 degrees, 10-20mph winds, and snow on the ground where we went fishing. Despite losing feeling in my toes for most of the day/night I had a wonderful time learning to fly fish and even caught a fish. I am already looking forward to next summer when I can go fishing some more in the warm weather.


Bonfire, smores and wine...yummy!!!


Yesterday (Monday), with temperatures in the 50's, I decided to go on my first bike ride. Originally the plan was to go for a nice and easy ride since we weren't quite acclimated to the altitude yet. However, 5 minutes into our ride we decided to climb one of the buttes located in Jackson. It didn't look like the butte was that high or steep but we ended up climbing for close to 40 minutes straight. It was by far one of the harder bike rides I have done in a long long time but we were rewarded at the top with some absolutely amazing views of Tetons and of Jackson.



REMEMBER THAT MORE PICTURES ARE ONLINE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/victoria.glyn
Posted by Picasa

No comments: