Wednesday, January 23, 2008

you know it is cold when....

You know it's cold when you get to the gas station and you can't release the gas hatch on your car because it is frozen shut. This is a fun predicament when you are already late for work and you coasted into the gas station on fumes....
How to fix it.......
1st attempt: pry it open with keys
2nd attempt: pry it open with the edge of an ice scraper
3rd attempt: go inside the gas station filled with about 15 construction workers and ask for help...proceed to get laughed at
3rd attempt: punch the center of the panel in an attempt to dislodge the ice buildup
4th attempt: use a credit card to break up the ice around the edges of the cover = success!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I would have never known what to do. I've written it down and recited it. I think I've got it! LOL