Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A New Definition of Cold

Have you ever heard of a school district canceling school because it is too cold??? The thought sounds ridiculous to me but that is exactly what happened today. I woke up to subzero temperatures (-10, -27 windshield) and to reports of school closings all around....They rarely ever close schools for incliment weather here but they do close if the temperatures in the morning are cold enough.....crazy!!
So to start of my day I had to get bundled up (baggy jeans today so I could put thermals 0n underneath) and walk to the bus stop to go to work...not only did I have to walk in the freezing cold but I got up to the bus stop just as the bus was pulling away which meant I had to stand outside for 12 minutes to wait for the next bus.....Awesome! my first time missing the bus is on the morning of -10 temperatures.
It's funny because earlier this winter I was hoping and wishing for sunny days because it just kept snowing every day and I missed the sunshine....now however I hate it when I see that it is going to be a sunny day because sunny days in the middle of winter here mean subzero temperatures so it ends up being a beautiful day outside but way to cold to do anything outside which is such a tease! Cloudy and snowy days here are usualy much much warmer, typically around 20-30 degrees which is super nice here.

"cold" and "freezing cold" now have new definitions for me!

No comments: